We are seeking some input on the direction of the development of our trails and bike paths in the Town of Milton. In order to get as much information as possible, we want to hear from you. Please read the following from the Town website and send your information to them as soon as possible.
You can always comment here or email me Mike@MikeCluett.ca as well.
I’ll see you at the doors.
Trails and Cycling Master Plan Update
Share Your Feedback
Your input is important to the success of this study. The information you provide through this survey will be invaluable in shaping the recommendations that are developed from this study. The survey will be available to fill out for the duration of the study. Before you begin, please review the documents below that will be referred to in the survey. These documents will also be on display in Town facilities during the month of February.
The Town undertakes a review of its Trails Master Plan every five years. In December 2012, the Town of Milton retained MMM Group to develop a Trails and Cycling Master Plan Update. The revised Master Plan will build upon the Town’s existing system of roads and trails, as well as consider those planned in and surrounding Milton. The recreational and commuter/utilitarian needs of the pedestrians, cyclists and trail users who enjoy this network will be studied. The work completed for this Master Plan will provide recommendations and strategic priorities for the Town to consider that aim to increase the connectivity within its trail and cycling network.
The overall goal of the study is to generate a Trails and Cycling Master Plan Update which directs the planning, construction, maintenance and communication of the Town’s trail and cycling network for the next five years. Its objectives include:
- Reflect the changes in community planning and growth occurring in Milton and its surrounding communities since the last study
- Develop a Town guide to implement a well-planned system of on-road and off-road routes for pedestrians, cyclists and trail users
- Develop a network of trails and cycling routes that address the needs of recreational and commuter/utilitarian users
- Develop a network of connections within the Town, including its rural and urban areas, to key destinations (community interest, employment, retail)
- Provide the Town with recommendations regarding trail design, materials, routes, signage and maintenance
- Provide innovative recommendations to promote the use of trails and cycling routes in Milton, for existing and future enthusiasts
The study limit is the entire boundary of the Town of Milton, which includes the hamlets of Brookville, Campbellville and Moffat.
Current Trails Master Plan
The latest copy of the Trails Master Plan is available for downloading in separate sections; please be patient as these files will take a few extra minutes to download due to file size and you may temporarily see a blank screen during the file transfer.
Trails Master Plan Report
Trails Master Plan Maps