The governing body of the Town of Milton is Town Council, consisting of the Mayor and 10 Councillors who represent Milton’s eight wards. Milton residents elect members of Council for a four-year term of office. You can find a link to watch the Town Council meetings here. The meetings are also broadcast on TV Cogeco (Channel 14).
Town Council deals with:
- Matters requiring policy direction
- By-laws or by-law amendments
- Responses or actions to pertinent issues
Council also makes decisions on the recommendations of Milton’s two Standing Committees of Council:
- Administration & Planning Committee
- Community Services Committee
The link to the agenda can be found here.
Some of the highlites in the agenda are as follows:
- Public Meeting – Amendments to official plan re: property being developed for the velodrome/community centre
- Staff Report – Transit Route Modifications
- Technical Report – Amendment to zoning bylaw for property located at 6810 Main Street West
- 2013 Budget Call Report
- Notices of Motion: Relocation of Canada Post outlet in Downtown Milton, School Funding
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email me email@example.com You can also go to the Watch Online link on my page to view from the comfort of your home. I look forward to seeing you there.